Monday, December 24, 2018

How do you respond to "Yan lang ba ang kakainin mo?"

Christmas is a day to celebrate Jesus' birth (even though it probably wasn't on December 25th exactly, but who cares, right?) and it's a great time to reconnect with loved ones, relatives, and friends.

It's also a time when tactless party guests comment one of the following:

Ang taba mo!

- Bakit hindi ka pa nag-aasawa?

- or if the askee is married, Bakit wala pa kayong anak?

Or in my case...(since I eat a special way) o, yan lang ba ang kakainin mo?

How have you guys responded to questions like these?

In my case, when we had Christmas eve lunch earlier, someone asked me question number four, and I answered, I smiled and said, "Hindi ko 'to ni-la-lang-lang" because I truly am grateful my allergens and food sensitivities were revealed to me, and because of that, I can avoid emergency visits to the hospital where I lose consciousness and need to get my stomach pumped. And with that, she stopped.

When the party was over, she went home, but she sent back with the driver a pasalubong for me - a papaya! I was so appreciative of that!


She didn't have to do that, but I am glad that she didn't press the issue anymore. Have you come up with a good response to relatives who greet you with Tumaba ka! ? Or Bakit hindi ka pa nag-aasawa? or Bakit wala pa kayong anak? Or do you have a response to why you eat the healthy way you do?

Would love to know!

Zucchini noodles :)



* * *

Would you also like to know how you might be able to find out illnesses that you may be susceptible to so you can make changes that will matter? Changes that will help prevent the onset of those diseases?

Please click this link and find out! If you are interested, message me at gulaygirl.ph@gmail.com. Send me your contact info and three preferred times to talk. This program is free if you have the minimum premium required and also if you sign the application form (provided by me by December 31!

Hope to hear from you!


Merry John 3:16 you guys!












Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...