Sunday, February 12, 2017

How to tell you have an analog soul #1

#1 You wake up to an analog alarm clock and you don't check your phone first thing in the morning. 

I used to wake up to my cell phone but when I switched to a smart phone less than two years ago (yeah, I'm such a late bloomer) I found trouble sleeping again, which bugged me, because I knew that switching to a super healthy diet cured my insomnia in 2010!

It wasn't until I read an article about radiation coming from cell phones interfering with our body's own cellular division during the body's REM sleep that something just clicked. 

I tried an experiment: I started sleeping without the phone in my bedroom. I also bought an analog alarm clock (the kind with metal bells!). I wish I could say it was the wind up kind, but that would have cost more. This one was just Php299.75. 

The switch made such a difference! I got to sleep earlier and I also woke up earlier. I am liking that I'm back to being insomnia-free.

I could also tell who among my friends and family used their cellphones as an alarm clock or checked their phones first thing in the morning because when I would reply late to their messages, they would assume that I woke up late. 



So what do I try to check first thing in the morning?  That's another blog post :)

Happy Valentine's Day!






Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...