Saturday, July 1, 2017

Family member wants in on raw plantbased! Exciting!

When I was trying to research for ways to address an autoimmune disease I discovered in 2009, a friend shared to me a link on the Boutenko family. One of two siblings, Sergei Boutenko, had juvenile diabetes but healed from it completely due to a change in lifestyle brought about by his mother's research and commitment to finding the best way to heal.

I shared this link to my dad but he was pretty committed to his own regimen for his own type two diabetes. I 
don't think he remembers this, and I have given up on trying to convince family and friends to try this. 

Imagine my surprise and utter excitement when, after 7 years (on-and-off with lots of backsliding!) of going through the raw, plant-based lifestyle on my own, my dad finally wants to try it for three days straight! 

Whuuuuut.

I'll be praying for the right program for him. I don't think giving him the exact protocol I follow would be good because I myself transitioned into raw slowly. I was vegetarian for many years before becoming a junk food vegan, then when I finally  decided to go raw, I started with only taking one raw meal a day, then two, then going a full day of raw.  Pray with me 🙏

I'm thankful though that he already eats pretty healthy 5 days a week! He also likes drinking lots of water first thing in the morning, and already does juicing. In his 70s, he still looks young and fit, so I'm excited for him to have even more energy! I don't mind at all that it took him seven years to come around.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...