Monday, May 24, 2010

An inspiring thought...(for me at least!)

A few years ago, I drove 256+ miles with some friends to Tonasket, WA to visit my aunt and uncle's farm. My friends still beg me to take them there. They even ask me if the farm is rented out because they want to go even if I don't accompany them! That was how relaxing, peaceful and beautiful our stay was. Farming is hard work, but you could hardly see the stress in my aunt's face. That made such an impression on us. We all loved our jobs, but it was nice to think about what it would be like to live away from the city and on that gorgeous apple farm and lakehouse.

The lakehouse :)


Rows of trees :)


Canada is just beyond the lake :)

For the time being, I'm perfectly happy being a part-time suburban gardener. But who knows? Maybe I'll farm someday :)



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...