Friday, July 29, 2011

Dehydrator Recipe: Tomato-less Flatbread Pizza Crust

Here's a night-shade free (tomato-less) flatbread pizza crust

Ingredients:

1 cup almonds, soaked at least 8 hours, soak water discarded, and rinsed
     (2017 update: when I wrote this, I hadn't discovered my sensitivity to almonds yet!)
1 cup flaxseeds soaked at least 8 hours, soak water discarded, and rinsed
Pulp from juicing: carrots, parsley, beets 
1/2 cup minced red onion (for this recipe, I diced the onion, though. You could probably use less onion if desired)
non-irradiated herbs, such as basil, thyme, oregano, parsley (grow your own or get them at your weekend market!)


Preparation:

1. Blend the almonds and flaxseeds in a high speed blender or a food processor. (Someday, I will own a very nice food processor!!!)



2. Scoop in the pulp from juicing. For this recipe I used the pulp from juiced carrots, parsley, beets and mix well.



3. Mix the almond-flaxseed mixture with the green onions, then add the pulp little by little. (I have small mixing bowls kasi eh). Some people like to mix these with their hands. Rings off, please!



4. Spread onto non stick dehydrator sheets your desired thickness. I used less than half an inch. Dehydrate at 104 degrees F for half a day. Makati is pretty humid. The period of dehydration will vary based on climate and humidity. I can imagine this will dehydrate faster in the States.



5. Flip over and dehydrate 2 hours more, or until crunchy. I never got this far because the aroma was too much and I just had to have it already!

This is a great bread (less dehydration time, more moisture) on its own or as a pizza base (more dehydration time, crunchy, will keep longer) if using the carrot beet parsley mixture. Look up a nice nut cheeze recipe to go with it if desired :D But that will just give you more fat. Your call. Hehe :D

I love that the onions gave it just the right flavor even though no salt was used. Top with basil, thyme or other non irradiated herbs.

Ciao!




This was my pre show dinner before watching Varekai a few weeks ago. I had it with a salad. For dessert, I had Ani Phyo's recipe for coconut breakfast cake. (Breakfast for dinner! Ahluvet!)

Again, raw foodists shouldn't eat this daily. It has more fat than carbs. This is more like a treat.

This recipe contains:

Vitamin A
Vitamin B6
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Calcium
Copper
Iron
Magnesium
Maganese
Pant. Acid
Phosperous
Riboflavin
Selenium
Sodium
Thiamin
Zinc

This recipe has 60% fat, 28% carbs, 12% protein.
This recipe contains no Vitamin B12 and no Vitamin D.




Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...