Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Healing from Anemia!

In early 2013, I was feeling like I needed to change something in my diet.

I had enjoyed the awesome health benefits eating raw the past three years provided, but I was also wondering why some health concerns were not improving. I was hoping that 2 years into raw food, I would see changes, but my health just seemed to plateau.

I then started reading a book called 80/10/10 by Naturopathic Doctor Doug Graham. The principles intrigued me; the book proposed a better way to go about the raw vegan diet, this time cutting out the oil and upping the carb intake by way of fruit.


Starting 80/10/10. I went to this party carrying about 6 bottles worth  of two pineapples blended with spinach. 


Lo and behold, by the time I went through my general checkup in 2013, my red blood cell count had gone up and my anemia had healed! This had never, ever happened before, even when I was a little kid and drank all sorts of drugs called names like Hemoglobin, etc. I also had a meat-eater friend tell me she briefly thought about doing what I was doing if only to get healthy skin like mine at the time (don't judge me now, I'm not completely one hundred percent 80/10/10 anymore and I have been getting insomnia because of some poor health choices).

So there you go. It was such a wonderful surprise! I never, ever thought my anemia would heal! For the first time in my life, I could potentially donate blood!

What an amazing blessing!

Anemia-free in 2013! TGBTG!



My weekly stash the second week of 80/10/10 in 2013. Lots and lots of melons, bananas, mangoes, pineapples, and 2 guyabanos. Not organic though.



Postscript written in 2017: I no longer am on 80/10/10, as I am adding lots of coconut, and other nuts and seeds, as well as probiotics, enzymes and green juice which aren't really part of the 80/10/10 protoco. 80/10/10 is awesome for detox and healing, but I was not able to sustain it due to cravings.











Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...